Auto Insurance Quick Facts!
Below are some facts versus what some may otherwise think!
The realities and comments are simple answers.
Keep in mind that some questions can offer more complex answers – however keeping it simple!
Red cars cost more to insure because they get pulled over for speeding more.
• Reality: Car color doesn’t affect insurance rates.
If I cause a crash with extensive damages to others, my auto insurance company can cancel me immediately.
• Reality: If an insurer wants to drop a customer due to claims, it generally has to wait until the policy period is up.
Small cars are the cheapest to insure.
• Reality: Small and mid-size SUVs and minivans are generally the cheapest to insure. Small cars are not, often because they’re chosen by more inexperienced drivers who tend to make claims, and because passengers incur more expensive injury claims.
Comprehensive auto insurance covers everything and anything.
• Reality: Comprehensive coverage is tragically misnamed. It covers only narrow portions of possible problems, including car theft, storm damage, animal collisions and vandalism.
Thieves prefer to steal new cars.
• Reality: It’s more lucrative to steal old cars and sell them for parts.
If my friend borrows my car and crashes it, their insurance will pay for damage.
• Reality: You and your insurance are on the hook when someone else drives your car.
Out-of-state speeding tickets can’t follow you home.
• Reality: Oh yes they can.
Thanks for taking the time to read!
American National Insurance Company
15455 Conway Rd | Suite 360
Chesterfield, Mo 63017
P:636.346.1940 / F:636.277.9722